, Whole Grain, Hulled Spelt, Organic, 25-Pounds (Pack of 1)
- Brand: Ameneti Essentials
- Availability: In Stock
CAREFULLY SELECTED ORGANIC HULLED SPELT: “Triticum spelta” is the scientific name for this Ancient Grain. It varies from wheat, “triticum sativum,” in a few ways, but its digestibility is the most important to many who cannot tolerate wheat gluten. SPELT VS. WHEAT: Some may call this the parent of wheat......
- CAREFULLY SELECTED ORGANIC HULLED SPELT: “Triticum spelta” is the scientific name for this Ancient Grain. It varies from wheat, “triticum sativum,” in a few ways, but its digestibility is the most important to many who cannot tolerate wheat gluten.
- SPELT VS. WHEAT: Some may call this the parent of wheat as well as categorizing spelt as an Ancient Grain. Spelt gluten is easier to digest than wheat due to its water solubility. Spelt’s very strong hull must be mechanically removed.
- PERFECT FOR HOME MILLING: This hulled spelt is ideal for milling at home into a flour. This non-GMO, organically sourced whole grain has a mildly sweet, nutty flavor to add to soups, salads, and rice dishes. It can be substituted for wheat flour too.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND KOSHER APPROVED : Kosher approved and Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International. Organic, non-GMO grains, grown, harvested and packaged in the United States.
- RECOMMENDED STORAGE AND USE: Keeps best refrigerated, frozen, or in a cool dry place. Produced in a nut free facility.
Great River Organic Milling is located on the upper Mississippi River, in the heart of what is called the Hiawatha Valley. The natural beauty of the area is a constant reminder of the importance of our commitment to organic agriculture. Organic, or sustainable agriculture is more than the avoidance of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. An organic farm strives to protect our environment by building and maintaining healthy soil which, in turn, improves water and air quality. It has been shown that grain and other food crops grown in a healthy soil, resist pests and diseases better than conventionally grown crops and also contain more vital nutrients important to humans. Consuming organic foods promotes the health of individuals and the land on which it was grown. In supporting organic agriculture we promote the cycle of a healthy environment which includes the lives of microorganisms, plants, and humans. Most Great River flour is stone-ground. We believe the natural granite millstones contribute to the quality, taste and nutritional integrity of whole grain flour. Grain flowing into the stones becomes very thin, flat flakes which integrates all parts of the wheat immediately into the flour, allowing the flour to have more flavor. The cooler temperatures that occur during milling with stones allows important enzyme activity to continue. Protein levels are also be maintained. Our stone-ground flours are milled to order, to retain the nutritional value of the flour. Great River is Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International and Kosher approved. Obtaining our certification requires a yearly inspection of our milling facility and records to insure that our products meet industry standards.